…because eating good is just as important as your workout.
1/2 Onion, cut into wedges
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tsp. Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
1/2 c. bread crumbs
2. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick & pasty.
3. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion & garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin & chili sauce.
5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky & holds together. Divide mixture into 6-8 patties.
6. Stove top: Place patties in pan & grill for about 6 minutes on each side. Baking: Place patties on baking sheet & bake ~10 minutes on each side.
1 pack Shirataki White Yam Noodle Substitute
~2 tbs. Basil Pesto
1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 tbs. Olive Oil
Chopped Vegetables (I used Asparagus, Bell & Yellow Peppers & Onions)
1 tbsp. Shredded Cheese (I used Parmesan & Cheddar)
Black Pepper, to taste
1. Drain & heat Shirataki noodles, as directed on package.
2. Heat olive oil into Wok or Skillet pan on medium heat, then saute Minced Garlic & Veggies for about 2-3
3. Stir Noodles in with Veggies & heat for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in Pesto, Cheese & Black Pepper & turn heat to low. Cover & let sit for 3 minutes.
1/2 tbsp fat free Greek Yogurt
juice from 1/2 Lemon
1 tbsp Basil
1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 slices of bread
2 oz oven roasted Deli Turkey
1 Roma Tomato, sliced
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, basil & cheese
2. Season to taste with salt & pepper
3. Spread 1/2 mixture on each slice of bread
4. Arrange the tomato slices on one piece, and the turkey on the other & close sandwich.
5. Press in a panini press for 3 minutes until golden brown (You can also do this in a pan just like a grilled cheese.)
Substitute the Turkey for Tofu, Spinach, Mushrooms, or any Cheese of your choice!
Italian Chicken Bake
2. Spread 1-2 tbs pesto on top of each chicken breast.
3. Cut tomato about 1/2 in thick & lay 2 slices on top of each chicken breast.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken breasts.
5. Bake @ 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is done & juices run clear.
6. Enjoy with a nice side salad & enjoy!
Pesto Mozzarella Pizza
(recipe from Small Town Woman)
(makes 2 flatbread pizzas)
4 flour tortillas
1 lg tomato, sliced
15-20 pitted black olives sliced in 1/2 (I used canned olives)
1 red onion, thinly sliced pesto spread (I made homemade pesto)
fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Preheat pizza pan/cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Stack tortillas 2 high & pre-bake for 2 minutes. Flip the tortillas & cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Spread pesto on top of tortillas. Pour about 1/3 c mozzarella on top of each pizza, add the tomatoes, onions, black olives & another 1/3 c of mozzarella. Sprinkle each pizza with dried basil, to taste.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, slice & enjoy!
(recipe from Food Network)
2 c. packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
2/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
black pepper, to taste
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1. Combine the basil and garlic in a food processor (I used NutriBullet.) Blend for about 5 seconds.
2. Add a little olive oil to mix then blend again for 5 seconds. Do this until all olive oil is added.
3. Transfer pesto to serving bowl and season with pepper. Stir in cheese.