Yep, you’re reading correctly. Lasagna. In 15 minutes. STOVE TOP. This is perfect for those busy week nights where you don’t have time to cook. It makes a lot for our house so after it’s cooked I serve half and freeze the rest. Mmm mmm good! See recipe below! TRY. SHARE. REPEAT.
Found on Kevin And Amanda
- ½lb lean Ground Turkey
- 2c Onion, diced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 (9.6oz) bag Jimmy Dean pre-cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles OR ½lb cooked Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 8oz (about 10) Lasagna Noodles, broken into ¼ths
- 1 (10oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1c Tomato Sauce
- 2c Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste, about ½ teaspoon each
- 1c Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 4oz fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- In a large skillet, cook the Ground Turkey and Onion over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until browned. (If you are using the Turkey Breakfast Sausage, add here.) Drain excess grease if necessary.
- Stir in the minced Garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Evenly add the pre-cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles (if you’re not using the Turkey Breakfast Sausage), Lasagna pieces, Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, and Water over the skillet. Sprinkle evenly with Salt and Pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over medium to medium-low heat. Shake the skillet occasionally to evenly distribute the Noodles as they soften. Remove from heat and stir in Shredded Cheese.
- Top with Mozzarella Pearls and Broil for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly.
TIP: THIS MEAL IS A GREAT FREEZER MEAL SO PUT LEFTOVERS IN A CONTAINER AND FREEZE FOR LATER! When you’re ready to eat, just pop in microwave to defrost.