While looking for an quick & easy recipe for Sunday dinner, I stumbled across this delicious one. I don’t cook pork chops, so instead of giving up, I substituted for chicken breasts. Came out so tender & delicious! We served ours with roasted broccoli & rice. See recipe below! TRY. SHARE. REPEAT.
Inspired by A Mom’s Take
- 2 large Chicken Breasts
- 1/4c I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1c Mushrooms, Cleaned and Sliced
- 1tbsp Oregano (can sub for Basil)
- 1tbsp Thyme
- 1/4c Flour, All Purpose
- 1/4c Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut Chicken Breasts in half, lengthwise, to make 4 thinner breasts. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat combine I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Garlic, Mushrooms, Salt, Pepper, Oregano and Thyme.
- Once I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter has melted, add your Chicken Breasts and seer on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Once both sides of the Chicken Breasts are a golden brown place in oven and bake for 35 minutes or until centers are no longer pink. *Time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of your Chicken Breasts.
- Remove skillet from oven and remove your Chicken Breasts and sit them aside to rest.
- Whisk Flour and Milk into your pan with the remaining liquids after removing the Chicken Breasts. Whisk until all lumps are removed. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over the top of Chicken Breasts & ENJOY!
TIP: If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, transfer to an oven-safe dish for baking (step 5), then transfer remaining liquids back into the skillet after baking to make gravy (step 7.)