I cannot be more ready for the FALL! And what better way to prepare than to start making warm and yummy food? Let’s start with these oh so great pancakes. Just the right amount of Apples, Cinnamon & Oats! See recipe below! TRY. SHARE. REPEAT.
- 1 pkg Wild Oats Oatmeal Pancake Mix
- 1 large Egg
- 3/4 c Milk
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Apple
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Flax seed
- Toppings: Fruit Preserves, “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter”, Fresh Fruit, etc.
- Place Apple in food processor and chop finely. Set aside.
- Stir Pancake Mix, Cinnamon and Flax seed together until well blended. In a separate bowl, mix Egg, Milk, Oil and Vanilla.
- Slowly mix Egg mixture into Pancake mixture. Stir well.
- Add chopped Apple and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat skillet or griddle pan on Medium High heat. Add Pancake mix to pan, 2 tbsp per pancake.
- Cook on each side between 1 and 1.5 minutes, or until brown. WATCH THE PANCAKES. They can burn quickly if you’re not paying attention.
- Serve immediately with toppings & ENJOY. (My favorites are “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” and Strawberry Preserves)
TIP: This batch makes about 6-8 pancakes. Make them all at once or a few at a time. Lasts in the refrigerator for about 3 days.