For all you soup lovers! This is a perfect quick dish on those cold nights where you don’t feel like cooking, or just when you want something hearty. Took about 30 minutes total. See recipe below! TRY. SHARE. REPEAT.
Inspired by Best Recipe Box
- 2tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Onion, minced
- 1lb boneless skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large Carrot, chopped
- 1 large Celery stick, chopped
- 1in knob Ginger, peeled & smashed
- 1/2tsp Cumin
- 1/2tsp Chili Powder
- 1tsp Liquid Aminos (or Tamari Soy Sauce)
- 4c low sodium Chicken Broth (or no sodium)
- 1 bunch Kale, ribs removed & leaves chopped
- Optional: Salt to taste
- In medium stock pot, heat the pan on medium heat, then add olive oil. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes or until brown on the outside. Add carrots, ginger, ground cumin, chili powder and soy sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth. Turn heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer soup on low for about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale becomes tender.
- Add salt, if needed.
- Serve hot & Enjoy!
MAKE IT VEGETARIAN: Substitute Chicken Broth for Vegetable Broth & nix the Chicken. It’s just as yummy!